CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Try a Tri....

Today (July 11th) a few friends (Kelley Turner and Jen Cannon)and myself competed in our third Philadelphia Women's Triathlon together. Sadly for the second year in a row, we had signed up for a triathlon, but due to a HUGE amount of rain the past few days, the triathlon switched to a duathlon because of water quality. The day was VERY nice, not too hot and alot less humid than lately, so it was a good race. And best of all I got a PR (personal record), placed 4th in my age group, and felt like I could have kept going for a LONG time after the finish. I even had plenty of energy to pass 5 people in the "finish chute"... and that rocked. I also sported a tiara during the ENTIRE race. I had wired one to my bike helmet and got alot of comments like "go diva" or "yeah princess"... it was soooo much fun. So, overall, it was a fantastic day spent sweating with 1000+ ladies... and can't wait to do it again next year... but hopefully finally as a triathlon!


And to see the individual pics, paste this link into your browser... it will take you to facebook, but you can see the pictures WITHOUT registering.... enjoy!!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2069779&id=1287618449&l=aaa0ed2773



Oh yeah, and now it's less than 2 weeks until the New Jersey State Olympic Distance Triathlon... rock on baby!!!

0 comments: