CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

XTERRA Warwick Park Revenge (5.5.10)

Wow... what a crazy race! We've done the XTERRA Philly Trail Run Series races for the past few years, which were held at Warwick Park. Each year it's an interesting race. Last year there were tornado warnings during the race and we had several inches of rain that day. This year the weather was PERFECT (except for those suffering from allergies) but the race course was TOTALLY new! The race officials considered it "rolling hills"... I call it "rolling goat hills"! Some of them were sooo hard that I barely made it up them walking... as did Scott. My time was nearly 10 minutes SLOWER than last year, but even the winners were at least 5 minues slower too. It was a tough course, then add getting "lost", and I think I ran about 4 miles total (supposed to be a 3.1 or 5k race) through all kind of terrain. On the bright side, I REALLY think all of my "interval training" through indoor cycling classes helped me on this one, thankfully!!! But it was a fun race and we can't wait to do the next one in a few weeks - but this one has a river crossing as part of the race... nothing like the fun of running in wet and squishy shoes...

0 comments: