CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sesame Place Classic 2010

Whew... what a whirlwind of a day! Scott left the day before for Europe (for work) and I had already signed up for the Sesame Classic. So, I had no choice but to take the girls with me and do it on my own... boy was that exhausting. But we all survived. On the way over, Angela came up with the idea that she and Gemma could run the 1 mile fun run together. I figured "sure"... of course she'd never run that far or practiced ever... but we'd see how it went. So, we got there in plenty of time, got our numbers, and then it was time for the fun run. I ended up pushing Elyse and her friend in the running stroller while Angela and Gemma did the run. They finished in around 10 minutes... which is GREAT! She was ALL smiles when she crossed the finish line. Then I had a quick massage (my legs were tight from teaching cycling ALOT recently) then it was time for my 5k race. I was relieved that I didnt' have to push the girls while running (I've done it before but didn't feel like it that day...) and they stayed with my friends. I was pleased with my time... somewhere around 27 minutes... which is good for me. We then spent the day at Sesame Place with friends and enjoyed the beautiful weather... It was a GREAT day on the street!!

0 comments: