CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

out with the "old" and in with the "new"...

We sadly (ok, it was mostly me...) drove my 2003 RAV 4 to the dealership and traded it in on a 2010 Dodge Journey on December 30th, 2009. It was strange to think that I'll be getting in a new car, after driving the RAV for almost 125,000 miles (and it was brand new when I bought it) ... but the time was now. I had a few problems with the car in the last few months and it required some expensive fixes, and with the high miles, we figured we might as well jump in. I did some research on-line and came across what seemed to be the "perfect fit" for our family. The Journey is a 7 passenger (three rows of seats, but the third row folds flat while not in use) all wheel drive crossover. We test drove it and decided that it was for us. The toughest part was choosing the color... but my love of red won, and now we once again have a red vehicle. So, while we are VERY happy to have a new car in our garage, I will always have a special place in my heart for the RAV 4!!!
my 2003 RAV 4 - hard to believe this car had 125,000 miles on it, still looked VERY good...

and my new car... 2010 Dodge Journey....

Here's to a great journey for years to come....

0 comments: