CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New Jersey State Olympic Distance Triathlon

This past sunday both Scott and myself competed in the NJ State Tri. This was his 4th time competing in an olympic distance triathlon, but my first time ever!! We had followed a training plan for the past 16 weeks and felt we were pretty well prepared for the 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike ride, and then 10k run (6.2 miles). Scott was very happy with his time and I found out why he looks like death by the end of this race each year!! It's a VERY tough race... especially the run. Luckily I found a very nice lady to run with (thanks much Dafna) for at least half of the race. By the last 1/2 mile our "posse" was 5 strong and that made the run soooo much more tolerable. But it was a great experience, I finished in 3 hours and 21 minutes, was hoping for 3 hours, but it's my first and now I have a benchmark to beat next year!!! So, here are our pictures... enjoy!!!!

0 comments: