CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Congrats to our little athletes!!!

We participated in the Sesame Classic last week and had a GREAT time!!  Angela and Elyse were VERY excited to do their first official one mile run.  The day was quite rainy, but that didn't dampen anyone's spirits!  The girls got ready for the one mile to start.  They took off, Angela running with me, and Elyse running with Scott.  They both ran the entire race.  Angela crossed the finish line in 9 minutes and 17 seconds (66th place out of 296 females in the one mile race) and Elyse crossed at 10 minutes and 30 seconds.  They had soo much fun and now can't wait until their next race - the Dog Days of Summer Kids Triathlon this August. 

Scott and I then ran the 5k race.  Scott crossed the finish line in 22 minutes and came in 6th place in his age group.  I crossed the finish line in 24 minutes and 53 seconds, also came in 6th place in my age group, and was beyond happy because this was the fastest I have EVER run a 5k - woohoo!!

So, it was a great race for all... I will add some pictures when I get back to "my computer" as I have borrowed Scott's for the evening...

0 comments: