CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 16, 2009

She's a BIG girl now...

I had imagined that Elyse would be staying in her crib for a LONG time... but she decided "it was time". It was crazy, she was sleeping GREAT (at least a two hour nap in the afternoon and at least 12 hours straight at night) and showed NO signs of wanting a "change" until that fateful night. Of course it made it even more fun because Scott was traveling, and lets just say it was a TERRIBLE night!! She figured out how to crawl out of her crib, then I'd put her back in, she'd do it again, then I dropped the mattress to the lowest point, then finally I asked "what do you want". She said "anya bed"... which in Elyse's words means... "Angela's bed". So, since I had the tools out, we took her crib apart and turned it into a "big girl bed". As soon as I had it all made up, she jumped in and went to sleep for the rest of the night. And since that night she's done GREAT. She jumps in bed for naps and bedtime and she calls us in the morning... at her normal time. So, I suppose she was "just ready"... uggg... where has my "little girl" gone? Oh yeah, and in light of this new step for Elyse, she'll be getting a new FULL sized bed for her 2nd birthday... she'll LOVE it...

0 comments: